SkateDaze was originally one of Eight area roller skating rinks owned and operated by the Cernik family. When this location it opened in 1982, roller skating was its only attraction. Since then, they’ve added a three-story Playdazium, Laser Tag, Bumper Cars, a Roller Coaster, 75 arcade games, Birthday Party Rooms & Cafe. Scott and Pam Cernik continue to carry on the family legacy while staying innovative. With over 70 years in the business, this family knows what it takes to create a fun environment for their guests. Because of them, roller-skating will continue to be a favorite pastime for generations of Omahans to come.
1946 – Frank Cernik’s first rink was a portable one containing a wood floor and big top. He took it from Tekamah to Wahoo.
1950 – Fremont Roller Rink was purchased in rough condition. Frank turned it into a thriving business where area schools would hold social events for students.
1958 – Roller Village was the first rink that Frank built from the ground up. Located on East Military St. in Fremont, NE.
1968 – The very first Omaha “Skateland” was built on 108th and Q St.
1970 – Skateland Bellevue was built.
1971 – Skateland Irvington was built.
1972 – Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
1973 – Burnsville, Minnesota
1974 – Tempe, Arizona
1975 – Mesa, Arizona
1976 – Fargo, North Dakota
1981 – 84th and F St., Omaha
1982 – 132nd and B St., Omaha
1994 – Addition of ‘Playdaze’ onto the B St. location.
SkateDaze Awards & National Recognition
- Omaha Magazine; Best of Omaha: Laser Tag – (2008 through 2018)
- Golden Skate Award 2015
- Omaha Magazine; Best of Omaha: Child Party Provider – (2012 through 2018)
- Roller Skating Association International Kooky Award for Flyer Design – April 2003-2014 (7 awards)
- Special Olympics Sponsor Appreciation Award – 2011
- Millard Business Association; Business Landmark of the Year – 2010
- USA Today; 10 Great Places to Let the Good Times Roll on Skates – October 17, 2008
- Omaha Chamber of Commerce; Small Business of the Month – March 2009
- Southwest Airline’s Spirit; International Roller Skating Association top three choice – October 2007
In the News…
SkateDaze is a proud community partner and participates in a variety of events. Here is where you can find up-to-date information about what we’re doing. Be the Change!
Each year SkateDaze holds an Adult Retro event and encourage skaters of all ages to come out and relive their childhood memories. This year we have Boomer 1490 am out here giving away prizes and fun on air interviews. If you didn’t make it this year, you want to make it next year!
SkateDaze made the cover of RSB
SkateDaze is not only featured on the cover of RSB, there’s an article describing the motivation behind the SkateDaze Car Wrap.